My longest ride ever was 110 miles this summer on the George S. Mickelson Trail in the Black Hills of South Dakota. That was 100 miles on a crushed stone surface and 10 on streets. So the effort was higher than a 110 mile ride on smooth roads. However, my back side was screaming by the time I finished and my average pace was probably around 12mph.
Since this ride will be on roads and I'll have another rider with me to help take turns breaking the wind, we should average around 15mph. That's about 12 hours of riding, plus stops for food along the way.
But wait, there's more. On Sunday, November 9th, we will be turning around and riding back via a different, and possibly slightly longer route. In the end, we will attempt to cover over 360 miles in approximately 38 hours.
I'll post here when we finalize the routes and get closer to that weekend
Now I'm off to go do some shopping for one of these. I'll be needing it on November 10th.
The plans have changed. You can read the new crazy idea HERE.
1 comment:
Yeah, no kidding. I'm thinking of taking the 10th, 11th, and maybe the rest of November off of work so I can recover.
Post a Comment