Monday, October 20, 2008

There...and back again (Change of plans)

OK... the initial plan was a bit "ambitious". Although we may have been able to complete the trip, our current level of training would have resulted in a VERY painful experience for the final 1/3 of the trip Saturday and probably the entire trip on Sunday.

Mike (my partner in crime) did a test ride this weekend and found that 105 miles is pretty much his maximum comfortable riding limit at this point. So we are scrapping the "Omaha, to Kearney, and back" trip until next spring or summer. However, we have both cleared our schedules for November 8th and 9th, so we have decided to do a ride down the Wabash Trace and camp on Saturday night before heading back. Feel free to join us if your up for some cool weather loaded touring and camping. With the drastically reduced miles, the pace will be pretty casual and we can stop at more places to warm up and/or eat as needed.

2 comments:

POLOSCAB said...

Oh Man! I was gonna go with you.
Right after I finish this bowl of ice cream.
Plan the trip for next year, maybe I will be off the ice cream by then.

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

I'm sure we could find some ice cream along the way.