Thursday, May 08, 2008

What a difference

The last four days, I have been commuting on a new set of wheels and tires. The wheels are a MUCH stronger purpose built to withstand the abuse of commuting. I had Dan at Bike Masters build the back one and I took a chance and built the front wheel myself. Both turned out great.

The most noticeable difference is the new tires. They are much larger and more robust than the tires I was using before. The extra air volume helps soak up the bumps and bangs I hit every day, which makes the riding more comfortable and enjoyable. They also have a lot of cornering grip and roll very smooth. As a friend of mine would say, "they are SICK".

Here is a closeup of the front wheel. Click on the picture if you want to get up close and personal.

No comments: